- General chickens take 1-2 months for breeding, but Bresse chickens need 4 months (about 1.2kg). The chapons for Christmas dinner which are prized by 3 Michelin star chefs even need 8-9 months (about 3-4kg) to raise.
- Only chickens raised in Bresse region can be granted AOP – Appellation d’Origine Protégée) status.
- The wet soils of Bresse region allow the Bresse chickens find worms, snails and insets for its breeding. The wet soil which is rich in lime helps Bresse chicken building up slim bones and strong muscles.
- Bresse chapons are fed with milk, this formula makes the chickens develop a delicious and creamy thin layer of fat over their muscles.
Terms & Conditions
- Pre-ordering is valid from 11 Nov 2018 (Sun) 10:00 until 19 Dec 2018 (Wed) 18:00.
- The merchandise listed in this catalogue is available while stock lasts.
- The merchandise is available for pick-up at city'super store only, delivery service is not applicable.
- The final product pick-up date will be determined by City Super Limited.
- Customers shall pick up their items on the confirmed date at the designated store. Late collection will not be accepted.
- Orders cannot be cancelled or changed once placed.
- Items sold are non-refundable nor exchangeable.
- The suggested servings are for reference only.
- City Super Limited reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice, and of final decision on all matters of dispute.
*Photo for reference only.