How to Cook Pasta Like A Pro
Does your pasta get soggy or seem to take forever to cook? Why do people salt their pasta water? Should you rinse cooked pasta? Check out the video below for tips and tricks on how to cook the perfect pasta!
Oodles of Fun: Creative Ways to Use Noodles
There are definitely more ways to enjoy noodles than cooking them in soup or mixing them dry. Why not try one of these creative noodle recipes? We’re talking spaghetti cake, ramen sushi roll and cannoli pasta bites!
Spaghetti Cake with Bacon and Camembert
Ingredients (Serves 4)
1. Cook spaghetti in salted water for 8 minutes and drain well.
2. Add eggs, cooked bacon bits and Parmesan cheese. Mix.
3. In an 8-inch cake tin, place the whole wheel of Camembert in the centre and surround it with pasta mixture. Place cake tin into oven and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
4. Remove cake tin from oven, sprinkle with basil and serve.
| Ramen Sushi Roll
Ingredients (Makes 2 sushi rolls)
1. Cook ramen noodles, drain and mix with cheese. Let cool completely.
2. Place a sheet of nori onto sushi mat. Spread noodle mix on top.
3. Add pickle, imitation crab and avocado as fillings. Roll up the sushi carefully. Let rest for a few minutes, and carefully slice into 6 to 8 pieces.
Cannoli Pasta Bites (Dessert)
- 225g ricotta
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate flakes
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 450g paccheri pasta
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
1. In a bowl, mix ricotta, sugar, cinnamon and chocolate flakes until well combined. Spoon mixture into a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender. Drain well.
3. In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil then cook pasta until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
4. When cooled to room temperature, roll fried pasta in granulated sugar. Fill each piece with ricotta mixture and garnish with leftover chocolate flakes.